Monday, March 26, 2012

Positive Feminist Quotes

I've been feeling a bit critical lately.  I think my personal struggle with political beliefs mixed in with the turmoil of religious culture and society has got me a cynical and down right pessimistic.  So.  Today's adventure is going to be all about positive feminism.  I will not pretend this is a well though out post that I have been saving for a week-  it's more just something to enjoy.  And enjoy I hope you do.

"Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels."  ~Faith Whittlesey

"The thing women have yet to learn is that nobody gives you power.  You just take it."  ~Roseanne Barr

"Feminism has fought no wars.  It has killed no opponents.  It has set up no concentration camps, starved no enemies, practiced no cruelties.  Its battles have been for education, for the vote, for better working conditions.....for safety on the streets....for child care, for social welfare...for rape crisis centers, women's refuges, reform in the law.  (If someone says) 'Oh, I'm not a feminist,' (I ask) "Why?  What's your problem?'" ~Dale Spende

"I see my body as an instrument rather than an ornament."  ~Alanis Morrisette

"I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want.  If that makes me a b****, okay."  ~Madonna Ciccone

"You don't have to be anti-man to be pro-woman."  ~Jane Galvin Lewis

"Women are not inherently passive or peaceful.  We're not inherently anything but human."  Robin Morgan

"Every time we liberate a woman, we liberate a man."  ~Margaret Mead

"I am beautiful as I am.  I am the shape that was gifted.  My breasts are no longer perky and upright like when I was a teenager.  My hips are wider than that of a fashion model's.  For this I am glad, for these are the signs of a life lived." ~Cindy Olsen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...