Saturday, February 9, 2013

Back Pocket and Some Fun Music

I have been hoarding cool memes and quotes that I like for a while, so this is going to be my meme dump.  Interestingly, you should check out what the term "meme" meant before internet pictures with smart alec words scrolled across it.  Yeah, check our meme theory.

I love this quote because I honestly do see it becoming more and more acceptable for girls and women to be who they are.  Women and girls are rocking solid in their progression towards social equality, but men and boys are constantly ridiculed against activities that may be seen in any way as feminine.  Being a man in today's society is less about what you are and more about what you aren't:  Female.  I am still waiting for someone (ANYONE) to tell me some qualities they find to me innately feminine that aren't physiological.  I am looking purely for behavior and feelings having to do with their femaleness.


After sitting through most of the Super Bowl commercials and all of the halftime show, I do understand why it is such a big deal to nurse in public.  Clearly we have some wires crossed. I show less cleavage when nursing and many a weekday sitcom in normal clothing, particularly when I am out and about and being discreet.






And now, some good music to leave this post feeling happy.  : )


1 comment:

Vince said...

'I am still waiting for someone (ANYONE) to tell me some qualities they find to me innately feminine that aren't physiological'.
Well you can't can you. To misquote Popeye 'you wiz what you wiz'. And since this is a one/zero option physiologically. I wonder chemically though, if things aren't very finely balanced indeedy. Otherwise how would you fit the gay/lesbian community.
On the male thing. Wouldn't it depend on self control.
In the past, it was the man in the sexual encounter that managed the fertility of the family. Now his continence is seen as wasteful. A pointless denial of gratification.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...