Saturday, December 13, 2014

I've missed you

I have always been a person with a lofty goals.  I also believe that if you are willing to sacrifice everything, you can have anything.

When I was seven, I wanted to be a vegetarian rancher, who not only had pretty much every family member living at my house, but who also ran her home and ranch powered by animal poop.  That's a true story.  I have the drawings and floor plans to prove it.

When I was twelve, I wanted to be a writer, mostly about tragic teen novels that would later be turned into movies.  Then I would be a director and get to determine the haircuts, wardrobes, and actors who would play my characters who were always based on my friends.

A year later, I decided I wanted to skip the writing and go straight to directing music videos.  A whole story wrapped up in three minutes and then on to another.  Holy cow that's cool.  I would watch music videos only after I had decided how I would create them so that I wouldn't be stealing anyone's ideas.

By the end of high school, I wanted to be pretty much good at everything I touched for no reason whatsoever.  I didn't have a real goal in mind except to be awesome.

In college, my goal changed based on the day.  I am pretty sure I majored in biology, Spanish, childhood development, education, music theory, psychology, and sociology at one point.

My goal today is have enough time to make my son feel special and help him to learn to write the number 3.  I want to cuddle my baby girl and get down in the floor with her until she cries from giggling so hard.  I want Jason to feel appreciated and happy to come home.  I also want to work on a new recipe and get some reading done.

I have missed writing the blog-  I hope there is much more to come, but my other goals are taking precedence right now.  You understand :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...